Salvia greggii 'Lipstick'
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full light (with shade from hot sun)
- Soil: well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Flower colour: vibrant coral red
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
Vibrantly coloured flowers top the upright stems of this aromatic perennial for several months from early summer. The foliage is a fresh green, and when crushed or brushed over, it emits a delicious minty smell. Fabulous for pots and containers it will become drought tolerant once established.
- Garden care: To prolong flowering remove the flower spikes as soon they start to fade. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring. Protect from excessive winter cold and wet.
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
Frost tender plants can be encouraged to grow far more quickly under cloches and one group of plants, the cucurbits, benefit from the extra warmth overnight. This allows them to photosynthesise for longer and squash, courgette and outdoor cucumber plantsRead full article
Tender perennials, such as pelargoniums, fuchsias, osteospermums and marguerites look great all summer, but unless they are given protection from the harsh winter weather, they will need to be replaced each spring. If you can do this, they will last for yRead full article