Salvia greggii 'Lipstick'
- Position: full light (with shade from hot sun)
- Soil: well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Flower colour: vibrant coral red
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
Vibrantly coloured flowers top the upright stems of this aromatic perennial for several months from early summer. The foliage is a fresh green, and when crushed or brushed over, it emits a delicious minty smell. Fabulous for pots and containers it will become drought tolerant once established.
- Garden care: To prolong flowering remove the flower spikes as soon they start to fade. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring. Protect from excessive winter cold and wet.