Salvia × sylvestris 'Dear Anja'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: light, moderately fertile, moist but well-drained
- Flowering period: July to September
- Other features: scented foliage
- Hardiness: fully hardy (borderline)
This hardy perennial forms a neat clump of mid-green, scented foliage with beautiful, slender, upright flower spikes in complimentary shades of blue and purple. Blooms all summer and into autumn.
- Garden care: To prolong flowering remove the flower spikes as soon they start to fade. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring.
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
All pests have natural enemies. The trick in an organic garden is to encourage these beneficial insects and other creatures to take up residence in your garden so that they can do the pest management for you. The most effective...Read full article
The traditional cottage garden was an intensive, yet carefree mixture of fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers all crowded into a tiny space. Today, this informal charm can be recreated using modern varieties that largely take care of themselves around an...Read full article