Salad Bag Collection
vegetable plug plant collection
You haven't tasted salad leaves till you've snipped your own and eaten them within minutes of picking. Crunchy, sweet and full of flavour: it's one of the true luxuries of growing your own.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moisture retentive soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender
Get set to enjoy a bumper crop of summer salads with this collection of goodies. The plants are all chosen for their ease of growth or delicious taste and are bursting with goodness. Quick and easy to plant, once ready for harvest they can be picked and on the table within a matter of minutes.
Suitable for filling a vegetable patch aproximately 2m², this collection can also be grown in big containers or grow bags.
The salad bag collection consists of the following -
- 8 x mixed tomatoes- if you like a bit of variety this collection is for you at least six different varieties to provide a range of colour and taste. Please note that the tomatoes will be substituted with 5 mixed herbs from June onwards.
- 20 x spring onion 'Shirmonita' - a new Japanese spring onion variety with a much thicker stem than usaual and a very sweet taste.
- 10 x wild rocket. - a cut and come again rocket, which has a peppery flavour. Ready to harvest within 6 weeks.
- 10 x mixed lettuce to include 'Rushmoor' - a red salad, with stunning oak-shaped, deep red leaves. Good in cooler weather. 'Cancan' -a cut and cum again lettuce. Delicious on its own or in a mixed salad. 'Pearl' - a little gem lettuce with a delicious, sweet taste.
Please note: The contents of this pack may vary slightly depending upon the season.
- Garden care: Plant them out as soon as they arrive in a sunny spot. Make sure they are kept well watered and feed with a liquid fertiliser that is high in potash throughout the growing season. You may need to provide growing supports for the tomato plants.
View Planting Plan
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
Do you want to ask a question about this?If so, click on the button and fill in the box below. We will post the question on the website, together with your alias (bunnykins, digger1, plantdotty etc etc) and where you are from (Sunningdale/Glasgow etc). We'll also post the answer to your question!
Q:Can I mix the kitchen garden collection?
I would like to order one of these collections, but do not want the tomatoes. Could you substitute these for something else - chard for instance?Asked on 3/18/2008 by Barbara Thompson
A:I'm afraid that as these collections come direct from our specialist growers, we are not able to offer any substitutes. I'm sorry if this causes any disappointment.Answered on 3/18/2008 by Crocus