Rhododendron Koster's Brilliant Red
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: average-growing
- Flowering period: April
- Flower colour: deep orange-red
- Other features: autumn colour
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Avoid planting too deeply. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring.
One fo the earliest azaleas into flower each year, this showy cultivar produces clusters of flaming, reddish-orange, funnel-shaped flowers in April. A deciduos shrub, the normally mid-green leaves will turn vibrant bonfire shades before they drop in the autumn.
Make the most of over 3000 years of gardening tradition by creating an oriental-style garden. Originally designed as a place for intellectual contemplation and meditation, they are an ideal sanctuary from the pressures of modern living. Japanese gardens aRead full article