Rhododendron Koster's Brilliant Red
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: average-growing
- Flowering period: April
- Flower colour: deep orange-red
- Other features: autumn colour
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Avoid planting too deeply. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring.
One fo the earliest azaleas into flower each year, this showy cultivar produces clusters of flaming, reddish-orange, funnel-shaped flowers in April. A deciduos shrub, the normally mid-green leaves will turn vibrant bonfire shades before they drop in the autumn.
Do you want to ask a question about this?If so, click on the button and fill in the box below. We will post the question on the website, together with your alias (bunnykins, digger1, plantdotty etc etc) and where you are from (Sunningdale/Glasgow etc). We'll also post the answer to your question!
Q:How tall is your Rhododendron Homebush?
Hello, Could you please advise the supplied height of the Rhododendron 'Homebush' in a 5 litre pot. Thanks RakshaAsked on 6/18/2009 by Anonymous
A:Hello Raksha, We do sell a Rhododendron in a 5lt pot and it will be around 30-40cm tall. I hope this helps. Helen Plant DoctorAnswered on 6/19/2009 by Crocus Helpdesk
Make the most of over 3000 years of gardening tradition by creating an oriental-style garden. Originally designed as a place for intellectual contemplation and meditation, they are an ideal sanctuary from...Read full article