Rhododendron 'Hachmann's Metallica'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: slow to average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Flower colour: lilac-blue with a burgundy blotch
- Other features: leaves retained all year
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Only just introduced this year, this hardy evergreen rhododendron produces masses of lavender-blue flowers, each with a prominent burgundy blotch, from late spring to early summer. A compact shrub, it will add year round structure to a partially shaded border, and provide a deep green backdrop to lower-growing plants.
- Garden care: Avoid planting too deeply. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring.
There are currently no articles for this item.