- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Flower colour: pink
- Other features: evergreen
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of pale pink, funnel-shaped flowers with deeper pink edges in late spring and early summer and dark green leaves. This rhododendron is particularly free-flowering. An attractive and compact evergreen variety it's a great specimen plant for a shrub border with humus-rich, acid soil. Avoid planting too deeply and mulch with leaf mould each spring.
- Garden care: Avoid planting too deeply. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring.
It is difficult not to get excited about this fabulous group of plants. Their big, bold, brightly coloured flowers, coupled with their versatile growth habits, make this one of the most popular plant groups of all time. There is no...Read full article
Make the most of over 3000 years of gardening tradition by creating an oriental-style garden. Originally designed as a place for intellectual contemplation and meditation, they are an ideal sanctuary from...Read full article