Rhododendron 'Anah Kruschke'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: slow to average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Flower colour: reddish-purple
- Other features: leaves retained all year
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Full trusses of lavish, reddish-purple flowers in May and June and handsome, dark green leaves, retained all year. This large-flowered hybrid rhododendron copes well with heat and sun. Vigorous and upright in habit it's ideal for a shrub border or woodland edge with well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil.
- Garden care: Avoid planting too deeply. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring.
It is difficult not to get excited about this fabulous group of plants. Their big, bold, brightly coloured flowers, coupled with their versatile growth habits, make this one of the most popular plant groups of all time. There is no secret to their successRead full article
Make the most of over 3000 years of gardening tradition by creating an oriental-style garden. Originally designed as a place for intellectual contemplation and meditation, they are an ideal sanctuary from the pressures of modern living. Japanese gardens aRead full article