Rhaphiolepis umbellata 'Ovata'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist but well-drained, moderately-fertile soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: June
- Flower colour: white flowers
- Other features: lustrous, dark green, shallowly-toothed leaves
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
- Garden care: Incorporate lots of well-rotted organic matter into the planting hole when planting. After flowering lightly prune any shoots that spoil the symmetry of the plant. In winter, offer protection in colder areas and cut back on watering.