quince 'Meech's Prolific'
- Position: full sun
- Soil:fertile, moist but well drained
- Rate of growth:average
- Flowering period:April to May
- Flower colour:pale pink to white
- Other features:quinces were once used as room fresheners
- Hardiness:fully hardy
- Root Stock: Qunice 'A'
Producing its tasty fruit in abundance (without the need of a pollination partner) this small, rounded tree is also a very decorative addition to the garden. It has gnarled and twisted branches, which are covered with white, bowl-shaped blooms in spring. It is later in the year that the highly fragrant, pear-like fruits develop and ripen. These fruits make wonderful jam or jelly, or go well with apples in cooked pies and puddings.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly.
There are currently no articles for this item.