Primula japonica 'Miller's Crimson'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to June
- Flower colour: reddish-purple
- Other features: spoon-shaped, mid-green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Attractive tiers of deep reddish-purple flowers appear on stout, upright stems in late spring and early summer. We think this striking candelabra primula is one of the best forms currently available. It will thrive in the dappled shade of a woodland garden where there is reliable moisture and for maximum impact, should be planted in generous drifts.
- Garden care:Divide large clumps after the plant has flowered, preferably during a wet spell.
There are currently no articles for this item.