Primula auricula 'Bradford City'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: dusky red and yellow
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Cheerful, flat-faced yellow and red coloured flowers form loose clusters at the top of the upright stems in spring. These appear above the spreading, evergreen mounds of rounded leaves, which add year round interest to the front of the border or woodland floor. Allow it to spread and naturalise, forming generous drifts if space allows, and underplant with spring flowering bulbs for added interest.
- Garden care: Divide large clumps after the plant has flowered, preferably during a wet spell.
There are currently no articles for this item.