Pittosporum tobira 'Nanum'
mini standard Japanese mock orange
One of the photos on this page shows the plant with gift wrap. This is not included in the price,however you may add gift wrap (for an additional charge of £4.95) during the order process.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Flower colour: creamy-white
- Other features: spherical, yellow-brown seed capsules
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
This compact, rounded evergreen shrub has been trained to form a mini-standard. It has lustrous, deep green leaves and in late spring and early summer it is covered in honey-scented, creamy-white flowers. In warmer areas it's a perfect plant for sunny, sub-tropical garden in a warm coastal site. Dense and a sunny patio or enclosed courtyard garden. In frost-prone areas plant close to a south or west-facing wall.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. To thin or reduce growth prune mid-spring and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant. Plants will have approx 40cm clear stem with a 15-20cm head.