Phlox divaricata 'Blue Perfume'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Flower colour: lilac-blue
- Other features: hairy, bright green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Fragrant, lilac-blue flowers in May and June and hairy, bright green leaves. An attractive spreading, semi-evergreen plant that is ideal for planting along the edge of the border or by a well-used path where the perfumed blooms can be appreciated. Add lots of leaf-mould or composted pine needles to the soil when planting, since it prefers a humus-rich soil.
- Garden care: Add lots of leaf-mould or composted pine needles to the soil when planting. Lift and divide large clumps in autumn or spring