Penstemon 'Pensham Laura'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to October
- Flower colour: white with a pink flush
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need winter protection in cold areas)
A pretty cultivar, with white, foxglove-like flowers that are flushed with pink, particularly towards their flaring, lobed tips. They make ideal partners for old-fashioned roses and late-flowering perennials such as aster, verbena and agastache.
- Garden care: Remove the faded blooms regularly to prolong flowering. Apply a dry mulch around the base of the plant to protect the roots from frost damage and cut back in spring when new shoots appear low down on the stem. Lift and divide congested clumps in spring.
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
The traditional cottage garden was an intensive, yet carefree mixture of fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers all crowded into a tiny space. Today, this informal charm can be recreated using modern varieties that largely take care of themselves around an...Read full article