- Position: full sun
- Soil: light, moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: pink to purplish pink
- Other features: self-seeds freely; the flowers are useful for fresh or dried flower arrangements
- Hardiness: frost hardy
This gorgeous ornamental grass looks wonderful planted in large drifts where the pink or purple-pink flower spikes can be seen swaying in the breeze. The flowers make an interesting, textural addition to fresh flower arrangements and can also be dried for a longer-lasting display.
- Garden care:Under glass, surface-sow onto freely-draining compost and maintain temperatures between 13 to 28°C. When the seedlings are large enough to handle, pot several up into a small pot filled with well-drained compost and grow on. Harden off gradually before planting out after all risk of frost has passed. They will thrive in a sunny, well-drained position. Protect in winter with a generous layer of mulch, or move potted plants to a sheltered spot. Avoid excessive winter wet.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: July-October
- Approximate quantity: 45 seeds.
There are currently no articles for this item.