three regal pelargoniums
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: May to November
- Other features: attractive foliage
- Hardiness: tender
Deep red petals, which have an even darker blotch near their base, have a fine salmon pink, picotee edge. Creating an impressive centrepiece for season bedding displays, it can be mixed with deeper plums, rich purples, salmon pinks and silver.
'Rimfire' is available as a collection of three plants in 7.5cm (3in) peat pots. They will be dispatched directly from our specialist grower of rarer pelargoniums.
- Garden care: As soon as you receive the collection you will need to pot them up into larger pots or plant them in to their final pots straight away. A great hot tip is to feed your plants every other day with a weak solution of a potash-rich liquid fertiliser, such as Tomorite. You'll be rewarded with masses of flowers throughout the summer on plants about 30-40cm tall.
For the beginner If you do nothing else... Water new plants. Make sure new additions do not suffer during dry spells. Plant up summer containers. Plant containers with summer bedding once the threat of frosts has passed. Feed container plants. About six...Read full article
After the last frost date, plant up containers with tender flowering bedding and reliable foliage plants. Line terracotta pots with polythene, taking care not to cover the planting holes, to reduce water loss through the porous sides of the pot. This will mean...Read full article