Pelargonium 'Attar of Roses'
three scented-leaved pelargoniums
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: May to November
- Flower colour: lavender-pink
- Other features: scented foliage
- Hardiness: tender
You will want to gently run your hands over the leaves of this tender perennial all the time, as this will help release their delicious rose-like scent. The pale lavender-pink flowers, which appear on the upright stems for months on end from late spring, are an added bonus and are useful for cutting.
'Attar of Roses' is available as a collection of three plants in 7.5cm (3in) peat pots. They will be dispatched directly from our specialist grower of rarer pelargoniums.
- Garden care: As soon as you receive the collection you will need to pot them up into larger pots or plant them in to their final pots straight away. A great hot tip is to feed your plants every other day with a weak solution of a potash-rich liquid fertiliser, such as Tomorite. You'll be rewarded with masses of flowers throughout the summer on plants about 30-40cm tall.
If you do nothing else...water new plants. Make sure new additions do not suffer during dry spells. Plant up summer containers bedding once the threat of frosts has passed. Feed container plants about six weeks after planting. If it’s a nice day...trim heRead full article
After the last frost date, plant up containers with tender flowering bedding and reliable foliage plants. Line terracotta pots with polythene, taking care not to cover the planting holes, to reduce water loss through the porous sides of the pot.Read full article
Tender perennials, such as pelargoniums, fuchsias, osteospermums and marguerites look great all summer, but unless they are given protection from the harsh winter weather, they will need to be replaced each spring. If you can do this, they will last for yRead full article