- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April
- Flower colour: pure white
- Other features: edible, yellowish green dessert pears
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Pollination Group: B - flowering mid season
- Root Stock: Qunice 'A'
This dessert pear tree is covered with pure white flowers in mid-spring, followed by long, yellowish green fruits. The flesh is firm and juicy as well as deliciously sweet. An excellent variety that will grow anywhere, even performing well in colder areas of the UK.
- Garden care: Pears naturally shed a small quantity of the developing fruits in mid summer. After this has occurred thin out the remaining pears, leaving one pear per cluster. Add a high-nitrogen feed in spring.
- Pollination Information: Though partially self-fertile, this pear will produce a bigger crop if planted with another variety of pear. Ideally this should come from the same pollination group (B), however it is possible to use one from group A or C as well.
There are currently no articles for this item.