Papaver orientale 'Royal Wedding'
poppy Royal Wedding
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to July
- Flower colour: white with a black blotch
- Other features: dried seed-heads are useful for flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Cut back to ground level after flowering. Lift and divide large clumps in autumn.
Exquisite, white flowers each with a black centre, top downy, upright stems in early summer. This striking oriental poppy will flourish in any sunny, well drained border, however it looks particularly good in a contemporary setting where the colour range has been restricted to whites and silvers.