Papaver orientale 'Pink Ruffles'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Flower colour: apricot-pink
- Other features: dried seed heads are useful for flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Each orange-flushed, pink petal has a dark plum blotch at its base. These surround a near-black centre with a cluster of stamens, forming very attractive, semi-double flowers, which appear in abundance providing a wonderful contrast to deep shades of plum and purple.
- Garden care: Cut back to ground level after flowering. Lift and divide large clumps in autumn