Paeonia lactiflora 'Laura Dessert'
paeony / peony
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moisture-retentive yet well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Flower colour: yellow
- Other features: mid green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Elegant summer flowers with pink flushed creamy-white outer petals and tiny, canary-yellow, incurving, inner petals. This delicately scented white peony is ideal for an open sunny border. The deeply cut pale to mid-green leaves are excellent for masking the faded foliage of early spring flowering bulbs.
- Garden care: Deadhead after flowering. In early spring apply a balanced slow-release fertiliser around the base of the plant and mulch with well-rotted compost or manure. Fungal diseases may occur in cool, wet springs so prune out any affected parts and spray the remaining sections with fungicide.
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
June captures the glorious moment when spring slides into summer, and it should be a sensational month of lengthy sun-kissed days - if the weather behaves. Lots of herbaceous plants are only in leaf with the promise of flower to come, but the herbaceous pRead full article
At some stage in June, your garden will be a glorious affair full of scent and soft flower. Placing a posy from the garden, close to a family hub like the kitchen table, unites your home and garden as effectively as having a huge picture window. You don’tRead full article