Paeonia lactiflora 'Coral Charm'
paeony / peony
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moisture-retentive yet well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Flower colour: coral pink
- Other features: ideal as cut flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Deadhead after flowering. In early spring apply a balanced slow-release fertiliser around the base of the plant and mulch with well-rotted compost or manure. Fungal diseases may occur in cool, wet springs so prune out any affected parts and spray the remaining sections with fungicide.
Opulent, coral-pink semi-double flowers top the slender stems of this herbaceous peony from early to mid summer. The large, showy flowers will create a fabulous feature in the border, and make spectacular additions to a vase. Absolutely superb, the flowers need to be seen to be believed!
The traditional cottage garden was an intensive, yet carefree mixture of fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers all crowded into a tiny space. Today, this informal charm can be recreated using modern varieties that largely take care of themselves around an...Read full article