- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of scented, white, jasmine-like flowers appear on arching branches in mid and late spring among glossy, dark grey-green leaves with finely serrated edges. This evergreen shrub can occasionally grow up to 6m tall, but it usually retains a more compact and rounded, bushy shape. It thrives on well-drained soil in dappled shade. To enjoy the fragrant flowers, plant near an entrance or well-used path.
- Garden care: Minimal pruning is required. Remove misplaced, dead or diseased branches in late spring and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Osmanthus delavayi:
This didn't look all that at first, but once in its container it looks really smart, all year round, not just when the charming little white flowers come out in April or so. It's on a windy balcony and is as healthy as can be, and hasn't even minded being chopped back randomly. Really pleased. I would say probably one one the best plants I've ever bought.
- Your Gardening Experience:
- Keen but clueless