Oenothera stricta 'Sulphurea'
20% off plants
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or light shade
- Soil: poor to moderately-fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Reliably flowering for many months, this showy evening primrose may be short-lived, but it usually self-seeds very freely. It produces large, pale yellow, almost cream flowers that will open in the evening and fill the air with their incredible, heady scent. It is very tolerant of poor soils and is generally very easy to grow.
- Garden care:Surface-sow on top of freely draining seed compost and water well. Keep in a greenhouse or cold frame and thin out when the seedlings are large enough to handle, potting on into individual pots. Pinching out the growing tips will encourage bushier growth. Before planting out in early summer, harden off gradually.These plants will become drought tolerant once established and they cope well in gardens close to the coast.
- Sow: March-April
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 300 seeds.
There are currently no articles for this item.