Oenothera pallida 'Innocence'
20% off selected flower seeds
- Position: full sun
- Soil: poor to moderately-fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large, yellow-centred, white flowers, that fade to blush-pink as they mature, have a heady and delicious scent and appear in profusion throughout summer. A fast growing plant, it is often in flower 8-10 weeks after sowing. Plant it near a seating area or busy path way, so you can take full advantage of the perfume. These plants will become drought tolerant once established and will thrive in well-drained soils with lots of sun. They cope well in coastal conditions.
- Garden care:Surface-sow on top of freely draining seed compost and water well. Keep in a greenhouse or cold frame and thin out when the seedlings are large enough to handle, potting on into individual pots. Pinching out the growing tips will encourage bushier growth. Before planting out in early summer, harden off gradually. These plants will become drought tolerant once established and will thrive in well-drained soils with lots of sun. They cope well in coastal conditions.
- Sow: March-April
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 275 seeds.
There are currently no articles for this item.