- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Other Features: contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: half hardy annual
Originating from Australia where it is found growing in open woodland and grassy meadows, this gorgeous tobacco plant is rarely seen here in the UK. It will however make a very graceful addition to the summer garden, providing masses of flowers over a prolonged period. The nodding flowers have a light scent, which becomes more apparent at night.
- Garden care: Early sowings can be undertaken under glass at approximately 20°C, in trays or pots filled with good quality seed compost. Surface sow thinly and water from the bottom of the pots by sitting them in a tray of water for a short time when necessary. When large enough to handle, grow on in small pots and gradually harden off before planting outside at 30cm intervalsafter frost. As the seeds are so small it may help to mix them with a little sand before sowing. This will help you keep track of where they are and also avoid overcrowding.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-October
- Approximate quantity: 700 seeds
- Harmful if eaten
There are currently no articles for this item.