Nicotiana 'Lime Green'
- Standard £4.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: lime-green
- Other Features: contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: half hardy
Masses of fragrant, lime-green, five-petalled flowers from July to September and spoon-shaped, wavy-edged, fresh green leaves. The lime-green flowers of this tobacco plant make excellent and unusual cut flowers. Perfect for the middle of a sunny mixed or annual border, this variety is renowned for its excellent performance during both heat and wet weather.
- Garden care:Under glass, sow the seed thinly onto the surface of a good compost and keep at around 18°C. Keep moist (but not wet) by watering with a spray bottle, and thin out when they are large enough to handle, potting them up into individual pots. Grow on and gradually harden off before planting out after all risk of frost has passed.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 1600 seeds.
- Harmful if eaten
There is still plenty of time to raise hardier annuals from seeds sown now and these include cosmos, zinnias and marigolds. However it's often easier to opt for ready-grown plugs of these, as well as the more-tender begonias petunias, antirrhinums and niRead full article