Narcissus 'Red Devon'
large cupped daffodil bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April
- Flower colour: creamy yellow fading to white
- Other features: excellent as cut-flowers; contact with the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb Size: 12/14
Large flowers (to 11cm across), are made up of light yellow outer segments, which surround a frilly-edged rich orange cup. Appearing on stout, upright stems, they make very cheerful additions to the spring dispaly.
- Garden care: Plant 10-15cm (4-6in) deep from late summer to early autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head and allow the leaves to die back naturally.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
Bulbs produce lovely foliage but no flowers. Either no buds at all appear or those that do are dry and virtually empty of petals. Daffodils (Narcissi) are usually the worst affects, especially multi-headed or double forms.Read full article