triandrus daffodil bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March
- Flower colour: white petals and cup
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 6+
A gorgeous pure white miniature daffodil that has an open cup-shaped bowl and broad petals. This little gem is ideal for lighting-up a partly shaded spot or bringing your alpine bed to life with early spring colour. Alternatively cram them into pots so you can move them around your patio and enjoy them at close quarters when they are at their best.
- Garden care:Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm deep and 10cm apart in autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head the flowers, but do not be tempted to cut back or tidy the foliage after flowering as this will interfere with the bulbs ability to store energy for the following year's flowers.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
Symptoms Bulbs produce lovely foliage but no flowers. Either no buds at all appear or those that do are dry and virtually empty of petals. Daffodils (Narcissi) are usually the worst affects, especially multi-headed or double forms. Cause Occasionally this is caused by...Read full article
Spring bulbs, such as daffodils and hyacinths, can be planted whenever the soil conditions allow. As a rough guide, cover them with about twice as much soil as the bulb is deep: so that a 5cm (2in) deep bulb would need a 15cm...Read full article