Narcissus 'Ice Follies'
large cupped daffodil bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: February to March
- Flower colour: creamy yellow fading to white
- Other features: excellent as cut-flowers; contact with the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb Size: 12/14
The broad, frilly edged cup of this pretty daffodil is initially a rich, buttery yellow, but as it ages it fades, turning almost as white as the ring of outer petals (perianth). Noted for its ability to produce a prolific display, it is certainly a worthy contender for a patch in the garden.
- Garden care: Plant 10-15cm (4-6in) deep from late summer to early autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head and allow the leaves to die back naturally.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
Bulbs produce lovely foliage but no flowers. Either no buds at all appear or those that do are dry and virtually empty of petals. Daffodils (Narcissi) are usually the worst affects, especially multi-headed or double forms.Read full article
If rabbits, deer, squirrels or cats devour or scratch up your plants these wire mesh protectors will give them time to get established. The pyramid-shaped 'Rabbit Proof Cloche' and dome-shaped 'Squirrel Proof Cloche'Read full article