Muscari botryoides 'Album'
50% off Other bulbs
- Bulb orders £2.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: strap-like, mid-green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size:6/+
A very pretty grape hyacinth, which produces slender white flowerspikes in spring. Less vigorous (or invasive) than its more commonly grown cousin (M. armeniacum), it provides an altogether 'finer' profile. It is perfect for pots, alpine beds, woodland floors or filling gaps at the front of sunny borders.
- Garden care: Plant 10cm (4in) deep in naturalistic groups in autumn. During summer when the bulbs are dormant lift and divide groups that are becoming congested.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs
If rabbits, deer, squirrels or cats devour or scratch up your plants these wire mesh protectors will give them time to get established. The pyramid-shaped 'Rabbit Proof Cloche' and dome-shaped 'Squirrel Proof Cloche'Read full article