Marigold 'Key Lime'
African marigold Key Lime
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil or a loam-based potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flower colour: vibrant yellow with a green flush
- Other features: contact with the foliage may aggravate skin allergies
- Hardiness: half hardy annual
These easy to grow annuals will put on a dazzling, summer-long display in a sunny border or patio pot. The flowers, which appear in profusion, top tall stems and emerge with a distinctive green flush. Great for the novice gardener, the flowers last well after being cut and will add a vibrant contrast to most hot shades, as well as purples and plums.
- Garden care: Sow shallowly into moist but not wet seed compost and keep warm until after germination has taken place. When large enough to handle transplant into small pots and grow on in cooler conditions. Gradually acclimatise before planting out at 30cm intervals after all risk of frost has passed. Later sowings can be done direct into a well-prepared bed.
- Sow: February - May
- Flowering: June - September
- Approximate quantity: 50 seeds