Mahonia eurybracteata subsp.ganpinensis 'Soft Caress'
mahonia Soft Caress
- Position: full sun to full shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August to October
- Flower colour: bright yellow
- Other features: the flowers are followed by spherical, blue berries
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Recently released onto the market, and winner of "Plant of the Year" at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2013, this is the first Mahonia of its kind to have spine-free leaves, which means that they can be planted near to paths or doorways where you may brush past them. 'Soft Caress' is a compact, evergreen shrub, so it is ideal for larger pots, where it will provide year-round interest. Alternatively, it will make a fine addition to either a sunny or partially shaded border.
- Garden care: Every second year after flowering prune specimens grown as groundcover to just above ground level to encourage bushy growth and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Crocus Mahonia'Soft Caress':
Survived living in a large pot for a year during a house move and recovered beautifully when planted in our new garden. Looks good in shade with different ferns. Occasionally can look a bit threadbare
- Your Gardening Experience:
There are currently no articles for this item.