Lythrum salicaria 'Blush'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, deep, moist soil
- Rate of Growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: July to August
- Flowers: light pink
- Other features: handsome, boldly toothed leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden Care: It self-seeds freely, so if you want to control its spread remove the flowerspikes as they fade.
This moisture loving perennial will quickly form naturalised clumps beside waterways, where its light pink flowers, which appear in profusion, will provide colour throughout the summer and into autumn. The birds and bees will be attracted by the nectar-rich flowers and the foliage takes on good autumn colour too.