- Position: full sun to deep shade
- Soil: poor to moderately-fertile,humus-rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to June
- Flower colour: chestnut-brown
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Clusters of chestnut-brown flowers from April to June above clumps of glossy, grass-like, dark green leaves. This tussock-forming, evergreen grass is excellent groundcover for moist, shady areas of the garden. Fast-growing and hardy, it’s an ideal companion for shade-loving woodland plants and ferns.
- Garden care: Lift and dividecongested colonies between April and June.
- Goes well with: Dryopteris felix-mas, Polygonatum odoratum,Epimedium grandiflorum ‘Lilafee’, Euphorbia amygdaloidesvar. robbiae, Dryopteris erythrosora, Sarcococca confusa