Luscious Legumes Collection
vegetable plug plant collection
Beans are the perfect summer vegetable: good-looking, prolific, so easy the kids can grow them. And just try to resist eating sweet, crunchy, freshly-picked peas straight off the plant. I guarantee it's impossible.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moisture retentive soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender
Peas and beans are easy to grow, they look great and they taste delicious. They also 'fix' nitrogen in the soil and therefore help enrich it. These legumes can be picked and eaten straight from the plant (my favourite), and they wont lose their flavour when lightly steamed or stir fried.
Suitable for filling a well prepared vegetable patch aproximately 2m².
The collection contains the following seasonal selection -
- 5 x runner beans 'Polestar' - a completely stringless runner bean with smooth, fleshy pods. It starts cropping early and continues producing a bountiful crop until autumn.
- 5 x mangetout 'Oregon' - an award winning sugar pea with long, fleshy pods that are delicious when picked young and eaten whole.
- 5 x sugar snap 'Delikett' - a round-podded, stringless snow pea with a very sweet flavour. It is a heavy cropper and is delicious when eaten raw, or lightly steamed.
- 5 x French beans 'Cobra' - a highly attractive climbing variety that produces a massive crop of delicious, stringless beans. Pick regularly to encourage more to come.
Please note: The contents of this pack may vary slightly depending upon the season.
- Garden care: Remove the packs from their box upon arrival.If left in a bright spot they can stay in their sealed bags for up to a weekbefore planting. After planting make sure they are kept well watered and feed with a liquid fertiliser that is high in potash throughout. the growing season. You may need to provide growing supports for the taller plants.