Lupinus 'The Chatelaine' (Band of Nobles Series)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, slightly acid, sandy soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Flower colour: salmon-pink and white
- Other features: the seeds can cause severe discomfort if ingested
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The upright flower spike creates a spectacular column of colour when the pink flowers, each with a white standard, open from early to midsummer. Ideal for creating vertical interest in a mixed or herbaceous border, their soft colouring means they are very easy to intermingle with other shades.
- Garden care: Stake with bamboo canes in spring before the flowers appear and deadhead the faded blooms to encourage a second flush of flowers.
- Harmful if eaten