Lupinus 'Manhattan Lights (PBR)'
west country lupin
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June
- Flower colour: regal mauve and yellow bi-colour
- Other features: the seeds can cause severe discomfort if ingested
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Each bloom is made up of a soft yellow upper petal and a dark purple wing, so there is a pronounced bi-coloured effect. These flowers surround the erect stem forming a glowing column of colour in summer.
- Garden care: Stake with bamboo canes in spring before the flowers appear and deadhead the faded blooms to encourage a second flush of flowers. Protect young plants from slug and snail attack
- Harmful if eaten