Lonicera henryi 'Copper Beauty' (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
The new foliage of this evergreen, twining climber emerge a distinctive bronze colour, but gradually fade to green as they age. From early summer the yellow flowers start to appear, these contrasting beautifully with the colourful foliage.
- Garden care: Cut back established plants after flowering, removing a third of the flowering shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
- Much Larger Than Expected
- On Trellis
Comments about Crocus Lonicera henryi'Copper Beauty (PBR)':
Was delighted to receive my 3 lonicera honeysuckle copper beauty's today, only 2 days after ordering on sunday! Excellent leadtime. Very impressed with the careful packaging of them.
I will be using them as an attractive evergreen climber against bare trellis and trellis that has some ivy on. I picked them as they are beneficial to wildlife, and this is my primary consideration.
I am really pleased with the height and size of them (approx 70+ cm), as they will make an immediate impact.
Will definitely be using Crocus again.
- Your Gardening Experience:
Wildlife-friendly gardens are not only more interesting as you can watch all the comings and goings, but they are often more productive as many creatures will help increase pollination. Garden ponds act as a magnet to dragonflies and damsel flies, along wRead full article
As summer turns to autumn, thoughts turn to tidying the garden after the exuberance of summer and it is now an ideal time to prune many late-summer-flowering shrubs to keep them vigorous and flowering well. It’s also not too late to complete the pruning jRead full article
Early-summer- flowering shrubs can be pruned this month to keep them vigorous and flowering well. It is also the ideal time to prune several trees that are prone to bleeding if pruned at other times, and it’s not too late to complete the pruning jobs forRead full article