Linaria purpurea 'Canon Went'
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately, light, well-drained, preferably sandy soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Easy to grow and flowering prolifically in a sunny spot, this undemanding perennial is wonderful in naturalised planting schemes gravel gardens or herbaceous borders. Throughout summer, slender upright spires are covered with small, snapdragon-like flowers in a pretty shade of shell pink, which attract bees and other beneficial insects.
- Garden care:Sow seeds shallowly in pots filled with a good seed compost in early spring and keep in a cold frame until they germinate. Pot on when they are large enough to handle and gradually harden off before planting them out at 30cm intervals, taking care not to damage their roots. Leave a few of the faded flower spikes on the plants as this will encourage them to self-seed.
- Sow: March - April
- Flowering: May-September
- Approximate quantity: 150 seeds
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Crocus Linaria purpurea'Canon J. Went':
Lovely little plant, grows very well and easy to care for. Mixes well with other garden plants doesn't hog the limelight!
- Your Gardening Experience:
- Keen but clueless
There are currently no articles for this item.