Leucanthemum × superbum 'Banana Cream'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately-fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flower colour: pale yellow fading to white
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Lush-looking dark green foliage clothe the stout upright stems, and throughout summer lashings of large, pale yellow flowers appear, fading to white as they mature. Regular deadheading will encourage even more to form, althernatively cut them while they are still fresh and add them to a vase where they can last up to two weeks.
- Garden care: Cut the flowered stems back to ground level in autumn. Divide congested colonies in early spring or late summer.
In the third week of this month you can 'Chelsea chop' your summer-flowering perennials to delay their flowering times. Sedums can be cut back by two thirds to provide lusher foliage, but at the expense of flower.Read full article