Lavandula 'Willow Vale'
- Standard £4.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Flower colour: purple
- Other features: the aromatic flowers and leaves can be used for making pot-pourri
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
This French lavender makes a stunning, informal flowering hedge for a sunny, protected site. In frost-prone areas it is best grown as a pot-plant and over-wintered indoors. It has crinkly edged foliage and lovely, long, pale lavender flags.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded. Carefully trim back in April, taking care not to cut into old wood.
Many shrubs, trees and climbers are showing signs of growth, so it is an ideal time to check them over for winter damage. If you feel they need a little care and attention, here are a few notes to use as a pruning guide. during April.Read full article
Aromatic plants produce their own fragrant oil and they use it as a sunscreen to prevent scorching, so anything aromatic or silvery needs full sun. Although drought-tolerant, these plants rely on a deep root system and once established they will never neeRead full article