Lavandula 'Willow Vale'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Flower colour: purple
- Other features: the aromatic flowers and leaves can be used for making pot-pourri
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
This French lavender makes a stunning, informal flowering hedge for a sunny, protected site. In frost-prone areas it is best grown as a pot-plant and over-wintered indoors. It has crinkly edged foliage and lovely, long, pale lavender flags.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded. Carefully trim back in April, taking care not to cut into old wood.