lavender promotion - 6 pack
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: pale to deep purple
- Other features: the aromatic flowers and leaves can be used for making pot-pourri
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense spikes of fragrant, pale to deep purple flowers appear in summer above the mounds of steely, grey-green foliage. This English lavender makes a fabulous informal hedge and is perfect for a sunny, well-drained site. The fragrant flower-spikes are highly attractive to bees and other beneficial insects.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded. Carefully trim back in April, taking care not to cut into old wood.
Companion planting is a method of growing different plants adjacent to one another for the benefit of one or both of the companions. Some plants are thought to confuse or act as a decoy to potential pests, while a few...Read full article