Lavandula angustifolia - 6 Pack
lavender promotion - Six pack
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: pale to deep purple
- Other features: the aromatic flowers and leaves can be used for making pot-pourri
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense spikes of fragrant, pale to deep purple flowers appear in summer above the mounds of steely, grey-green foliage. This English lavender makes a fabulous informal hedge and is perfect for a sunny, well-drained site. The fragrant flower-spikes are highly attractive to bees and other beneficial insects.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded. Carefully trim back in April, taking care not to cut into old wood.
Companion planting is a method of growing different plants adjacent to one another for the benefit of one or both of the companions. Some plants are thought to confuse or act as a decoy to potential pests, while a few provide food for the pest's naturalRead full article
Many shrubs, trees and climbers are showing signs of growth, so it is an ideal time to check them over for winter damage. If you feel they need a little care and attention, here are a few notes to use as a pruning guide. during April.Read full article