Lathyrus odoratus 'Spencer Waved Mix'
spencer sweet pea seed Spencer Waved Mix
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flower colour: mixed shades
- Other features: highly scented flowers
- Hardiness: hardy annual
If you want a cacophony of colour and a garden filled with heady perfume, then this ready-made blend might be just the ticket. It contains a mix of sweet peas that have been chosen for their outstandingly high quality blooms, which appear in shades of pink, lilac, red and white. A classic for the summer garden.
- Garden care:From October to late February, sow seeds into deep pots or root trainers filled with a good-quality seed compost and place them in a cold frame. Pinch out the tips as the plants grow to encourage them to become bushier and produce more flowers, and harden off before planting out in early April. Direct sowings can also be made in October or March-April. It is important to remove the faded flowers before they set seed, so picking them to fill a vase inside will only encourage more to form.
- Sow: October-April
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 35 seeds.
Many flowering plants can be encouraged to produce better and longer-lasting displays with the minimum of effort. A plant produces flowers in order to reproduce and ensure the survival of the species. Once a plant has flowered and fertilisation has takenRead full article