Lathyrus odoratus 'Linda C'
spencer sweet pea Linda C
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flower colour: purple-blue
- Other features: well scented flowers
- Hardiness: hardy annual
Violet-blue standard petals and slightly darker wing petals, form large, softly frilled flowers, which have a light fragrance. Their colouring mixes easily with most shades, particularly pinks, purples and blues. part of the day.
In our (not very scientific) sweet pea trial on the nursery, we found that the flowers of this variety had a slight fragrance and were held on 6 - 8" stems. There were not too many left in August though.
All the sweet-peas in our trial produced significantly better plants when the seeds were sown in autumn rather than spring.
- Garden care: Incorporate lots of well-rotted organic matter in the planting hole. To make sure you keep the plants in top condition spray regularly with a fungicide as all sweet peas are prone to mildew, and feed with a high potash fertiliser, such as Tomorite for plenty of flowers. Don't forget to keep cutting the flowers so that you get plenty more!
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
If you do nothing else...water new plants. Make sure new additions do not suffer during dry spells. Plant up summer containers bedding once the threat of frosts has passed. Feed container plants about six weeks after planting. If it’s a nice day...trim heRead full article