- Position: full sun to part shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: greenish-white
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need protection in winter)
A spreading, evergreen shrub with spiny, glossy dark green, holly-like leaves, that can be used as either a free-standing shrub, or trained flat against a sunny, sheltered wall. In mid summer to early autumn, it is covered with long, drooping, catkin-like racemes of vanilla-fragranced, greenish-white flowers.
- Garden care: Protect from cold, drying winds and apply a generous layer of mulch around young plants in autumn. Trim back to tidy in the spring and provide support for wall-trained plants.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
Comments about Crocus Itea ilicifolia:
First internet shrub order. Only place I could find this in stock.
Arrived in 2 days in perfect condition. Well packed. Good sized healthy plant none the worse for its journey to me in its box.
Wouldn't hesitate to order plants from Crocus again.
- Your Gardening Experience:
There are currently no articles for this item.