Siberian iris (syn Persimmon)
- Position:full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile, neutral to slightly acid soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Flower colour: rich-purple
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Gorgeous, rich purple flowers with tiny yellow throats in May and June and slender, strap-shaped leaves. This striking Siberian iris is versatile and low-maintenance. Perfect for providing vertical interest in a sunny, well-drained herbaceous border or waterside planting, for maximum impact plant in bold clumps, allowing plenty of room.
- Garden care: Plant in soil that has been improved with well-rotted manure or garden compost and do not allow to dry out, particularly as the plant is getting established. If planted in a container, it will need dividing and repotting every couple of years in spring.
- Harmful if eaten