Iris 'Sparkling Rose'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Flower colour: lilac-pink
- Other features: all parts of the plant may cause severe discomfort if ingested; contact with the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The petals of this pretty cultivar are lilac-pink with a veined, white base. They appear in early summer on upright stems, which emerge from amongst the sword-shaped foliage. Try planting with other early summer flowers, such as Alliums, Centranthus or Geraniums.
- Garden care: Plant shallowly with the upper part of the rhizome sitting on the surface of the soil, incorporating a low-nitrogen fertiliser in the planting hole. After planting remove the upper-most third of the leaves to minimise the incidence of wind rock. In exposed areas stake with bamboo canes in early spring.
- Harmful if eaten
There are currently no articles for this item.