Iris 'Pleasures of May'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Flower colour: pale lavender and violet
- Other features: all parts of the plant may cause severe discomfort if ingested; contact with the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The subtle colouring of this elegant perennial makes it easy to mix with pastel tones, as well as stronger pinks, purples and white. The near-white standards have a pale lavender flush, while darker violet falls are highlighted by a golden brown flash at their base. Overall a beautiful combination, which will prove valuable in the early summer garden.
- Garden care: Plant shallowly with the upper part of the rhizome sitting on the surface of the soil, incorporating a low-nitrogen fertiliser in the planting hole. After planting remove the upper-most third of the leaves to minimise the incidence of wind rock. In exposed areas stake with bamboo canes in early spring.
- Harmful if eaten
There are currently no articles for this item.