Iris 'Frost and Flame'
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Other features: all parts of the plant may cause severe discomfort if ingested
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Pure white falls, each with a vibrant orange beard that acts as a dazzling contrast, form elegant early summer flowers. Perfect towards the front of a sunny, well-drained border, this is a popular, early flowering variety, with attractive fans of sword-shaped foliage.
- Garden Care: Plant shallowly with the upper part of the rhizome sitting on the surface of the soil, incorporating a low nitrogen fertiliser in the planting hole. After planting remove the upper-most third of the leaves to protect against wind-rock. In exposed areas stake with bamboo canes in early spring. Remove the stems after flowering from the base as this will concentrate the plant's energy into producing new rhizomes. Divide and replant about every three years.
- Harmful if eaten