Iris 'Frost and Flame'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Other features: all parts of the plant may cause severe discomfort if ingested
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Pure white falls, each with a vibrant orange beard that acts as a dazzling contrast, form elegant early summer flowers. Perfect towards the front of a sunny, well-drained border, this is a popular, early flowering variety, with attractive fans of sword-shaped foliage.
- Garden Care: Plant shallowly with the upper part of the rhizome sitting on the surface of the soil, incorporating a low nitrogen fertiliser in the planting hole. After planting remove the upper-most third of the leaves to protect against wind-rock. In exposed areas stake with bamboo canes in early spring. Divide and replant about every three years.
- Harmful if eaten
There are currently no articles for this item.